New Year's Day

Today is the first day of 2010. This morning we each uttered our resolution for this year. Mine is to finally put together a book proposal for the 外籍新娘 (foreign brides) research I did in Taiwan. I have already written several papers, and the task will be to put them together for a more complete argument.

I just found out from Facebook that my friend, Scott Milsom, just passed away. He was 46. Scott and I were great friends. I always thought of him as my "best friend" but he did not call me his "best friend." That was what he called a friend he knew in Pennsylvania, or something like that.

I believe that it was when were in high school that his step-dad died suddenly from a heart attack. Apparently the same just happened to Scott. I can't believe it. I'm devastated.

I've enjoyed the life that I've led, but my regret is that I don't keep up with friends from the places that I've lived in the past. This takes work, and I don't do enough. Thanks to Facebook I can have some contact with others. Even though I haven't seen Scott in years, memories of the times we spent together live on in my mind. They are vivid.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about Scott, Todd. I saw your FB status and felt really bad about his passing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog. Please keep comments civil and relevant.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog theme--seeking wisdom

Life inside the Bubble: If not now, when?

Waiting for Joe