Apartment Found

I've been busy the past couple of weeks trying to find a suitable and affordable apartment in Macau. When I came for my job interview June, 2011, I was led to believe rents were not that expensive. But, the situation is not what I expected. Yes, there are plenty of jobs here in Macau and business is booming. But that also means there is great demand for housing as many people are moving here. So after looking at 3 bedroom apartments, and not finding anything that I felt reasonably priced, I decided a two-bedroom would have to make do. On Saturday morning I found one that had some nice features to it: good location, near shopping, the university, and bus stops, next to a wooded hill, fully furnished, and the back door opens to a private access rather large balcony that is on the roof of the building (even though it is on the ground floor, if you can imagine that. Hint: the building is built into a hill.) I paid the deposit on Saturday and will sign the lease for one year with the owner on Monday. Then I move in this week. I've found it convenient to live on the university campus, but look forward to having a larger place with a kitchen and all the amenities of a "home."

In other news, I've been following the "Jeremy Lin" story along with millions of others. Today I read a news article and discovered that Jeremy's father's hometown is in Beidou, Taiwan. That's a place in Taiwan that I know very well as it is located next to my wife's hometown. The town is famous for it's food stalls and "Beidou Bawan" (Bawan is Taiwanese for a kind of meatball.) Every time we go to Beidou we always buy our fair share of Bawan. Two years ago I got new glasses and contacts in a shop in Beidou. I can say with confidence that I know the town better than Jeremy Lin. The town's residents must be going crazy with the Jeremy Lin phenomenon!

Below and on this link you can see some of the famous foods in Beidou. Bawan is the dish in the center. Very delicious!!

北斗肉圓瑞

Comments

  1. My friend recommended this website to me. it's wonderful!It’s amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog. Please keep comments civil and relevant.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog theme--seeking wisdom

Life inside the Bubble: If not now, when?