Sunny Day in Macau

Today the sun was shining after a foggy and cold morning. In the morning I went on a long run, going from the University of Macau campus to the trails of Coloane, then running the long circuit of the trails, and then heading back, for a total time of 2hrs 4 minutes. I've signed up for the Taipei marathon on March 18 and need to increase my mileage to get in shape for the race. So I'll have to increase the runs to 2:30 to 3 hours. The run was great! The only problem was lack of water. I didn't plan well and failed to bring any with me. But on the way back, after leaving the trails, I had my bus pass and hoped to use the money on my card to buy water, which you can do at convenience stores here. There was an Esso gas station near the bus stop. I went in to see if I could swipe my card for water, but there was no machine set up. The man in the store was nice and gave me a bottle for free. I guess I looked like I needed it!

Later at noon I took the bus back to Coloane, stopping at the village. The sun was out and it was much warmer. I had a wonderful lunch at a Cafe, then walked around and took pictures. The new University of Macau campus is located very close to the Coloane village, separated by water. I look forward to the new location as it will be closer to the great running/hiking trails in Coloane, and is far more scenic.

Some Pix below:

Looking across the bay from Taipa, current Univ Macau campus to Macau peninsula.


The new Univ of Macau campus under construction on Hengqin Island




The "turtle pond" at Univ of Macau


Lord Stow's Cafe in Coloane. A great place to eat!


Looking out across "Black Sands Beach"


Church and courtyard, Coloane



Black Sands Beach


The Port of Coloane. The man sitting there is at the border control. My guess is there is some boat traffic of people coming from HengQin Island, China.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog theme--seeking wisdom

Life inside the Bubble: If not now, when?

Waiting for Joe